Unistrut Channel Powder Coating
As part of our expanding services available at DP Building Systems we now offer a facility to powder coat all Unistrut Channel before dispatch. Simply complete the contact form with your requirements and our technical team will contact you - click here.
The reason that we have introduced this service is that it is now required more and more on certain job. Whether it be for cosmetic reasons or for the extra protection, many jobs now specify that the Unistrut Channel must be powder coated.
- - We can offer a range of colours from the RAL chart to suit your specific needs
- - Our specialist powder coating experts can offer a quick turn round as a standard and majority of our customer’s powder spray coating completed within 24-48 hours of receipt
- - The powder coating is better than regular liquid based painting because it can produce a thicker layer, it is cost efficient and also it is less hazardous than regular painting services
- - Our partner uses a rigorous and accurate quality control testing procedure and undertake a number of tests before any work is processed. These include cross hatch, cross cut, cure test, adhesion tests and also dry film testing.
- 1. Combined degreasing for all materials It is very important to prepare the metal object for further procedures by removing any dirt, oil, welding scales and more. Decreasing is the first part of pre-treatment system before powder coating application
- 2. Cold running water rinse Cold water rinsing is used to stop chemical reactions in later stages
- 3. Further cold running water rinse
- 4. Degrease and etch de-rust for aluminium and galvanised steel Special degreasing is used for aluminium and galvanised steel including removal of rust
- 5. Cold running water rinse
- 6. Pre-seal treatment This treatment is used to provide corrosion resistance and ensures longevity of powder coating. The metals most frequently supplied by our customers for powder coating include:
- - Mild steel
- - Galvanised steel
- - Wrought iron
- - Zinc plated metals
- - Aluminium